[hackmeeting] truco para putear al telemarketing

merce en grn.es merce en grn.es
Mie Mayo 15 13:26:03 CEST 2002

From: "Prof. L. P. Levine" <levine en blatz.cs.uwm.edu>
Date: 09 May 2002 08:52:54 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Just Say "Hold On Please"

This was sent to me but not for publication.  It is a good idea and I
am suggesting it for anyone who has the freedom to tie up their own
phone for a while.

 -- forwarded material

HOLD ON PLEASE, I suppose some degree of commerce would grind to a
halt
if telephone solicitors weren't able to call people at home during the
dinner hour.  But that doesn't make it any more pleasant.

Now Steve Rubenstein, a writer for the San Francisco Chronicle,
has proposed "Three Little Words" based on his brief experience in a
telemarketing operation -- that would stop the nuisance for all time.
The three little words are "Hold on, please."

Saying this while putting down your phone and walking off instead
of hanging up immediately -- would make each telemarketing call so
time-consuming that boiler rooms would grind to a halt.  When you
eventually hear the phone company's beep-beep-beep tone, you know it's
time to go back and hang up your handset, which has efficiently
completed
its task.

This might be one of those articles you'll want to e-mail to your
friends.

Three little words that eliminate telephone soliciting: HOLD ON
PLEASE !!