[hackmeeting] mas de ciberpunk

Zavir Rivera zavir en mixmail.com
Dom Oct 20 06:16:03 CEST 2002

el bruce sterling este parece que esta bastante bien,
os pego aqui una copia de su presentacion de su ultimo libro.
la pagina donde esta todo es

http://www.cyberpunk.co.uk/literature/books/HackerCrackdown.
html

NOTE: This file is from Bruce Sterling's "agitprop" disk at
gopher://oak.zilker.net/11/bruces. It contains his "literary
freeware"
policy on writings he has placed online, including _The Hacker
Crackdown_.]

ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY

The documents on this disk are not commodities.  They're not
for sale.

They are not part of the "information economy."  Some of them
were part

of the commercial economy once, in the sense that I got paid
for writing

some of them, but they've since been liberated.  You didn't
have to pay

any money to get them.  If you did pay anything to see this
stuff, you've

been ripped off.  If you didn't get this data for free, send me
some e-mail

and tell me about it.  Information *wants* to be free.   And I
know where

you can get a lot more.

You can copy them.   Copy the hell out of them, be my guest.

You can upload them onto boards or discussion groups.  Go
right ahead,

enjoy yourself.

You can print them out.

You can photocopy the printouts and hand them around as long
as you don't

take any money for it.

But they're not public domain.  You can't copyright them.
Attempts to pirate

this stuff and make money from it may involve you in a serious
litigative

snarl; believe me, for the pittance you might wring out of such
an action, it's

really not worth it.  This stuff don't "belong" to you.  A lot of it,
like the

Internet electronic zines I've included, doesn't "belong" to me,
either.  It

belongs to the emergent realm of alternative information
economics, for

whatever *that's* worth.  You don't have any right to make
this stuff part of

the conventional flow of commerce.  Let them be part of the
flow of

knowledge:  there's a difference.  Don't sell them.  And don't
alter the text,

either; that would be a hopelessly way-dork move.  Just make

more, and give them to whoever might want or need them.

Now have fun.

Bruce Sterling -- bruces en well.sf.ca.us

FAX 512-323-2405

-----
Tu correo gratis en MixMail http://www.mixmail.com
Ya.com ADSL, Router 3Com ¡Gratis! http://acceso.ya.com/adsl