[hackmeeting] [Fwd: STOP WARS - A GlOBAL VIRTUAL SIT-IN]

xabier en sindominio.net xabier en sindominio.net
Mar Ago 24 19:51:16 CEST 2004

Ricardo Dominguez me envia esto para que nos unamos a las protestas
virtuales contra la convención de los republicanos y la paranoia imperial
homicida del señor Bush jr.

Un abrazo,

xabier

---------------------------- Mensaje Original ----------------------------
Asunto: STOP WARS - A GlOBAL VIRTUAL SIT-IN
De:     "Ricardo Dominguez" <rdom en thing.net>
Fecha:  Tue, 24 de Agosto de 2004, 6:01 pm
Para:   xabier en sindominio.net

STOP WARS
SAY NO TO WAR_SAY NO TO BUSH_SAY NO TO TERRORIST

JOIN THE ELETRONIC DISTURBANCE THEATER IN A GLOBAL VIRTUAL SIT-IN
August 29th to September 1st (2004)

CLICK HERE*CLIQUEN AQUI
http://www.thing.net/~rdom/NoBUSH/Start.html

Sponsored by _Watch What We Say_ an Art Exbition

 <<<<>>>
 Press Release July 2004

 Watch What We Say
 http://newsgrist.typepad.com/photos/watch_what_we_say/
 (Worth Reading)

 Venue: Schroeder Romero
 173A N.3rd Street. Williamsburg Brooklyn NY. t: 718 486 8992.

 Opening Reception: Wed August 25, 2004. 6-9pm

 Exhibition Dates: August 26 - September 2, 2004. 12-6pm.
 Contact: Marc Lepson. 718 692 4571. pauperprints en earthlink.net

 Artists:
 Robbie Conal, Jim Costanzo, Erika deVries, Electronic Disturbance
Theater, Joy Garnett, Christopher Knowles, Jerry Kearns, Joyce Kozloff,
Ann Messner, Carrie Moyer, Jenny Polak, William Pope L., Carla Repice,
Dread Scott, Peter Scott, Leonard Silverberg, James Tomon, Barbara
Weissberger, Krzysztof
Wodiczko,
 Emna Zghal

<<<<NEWSWEEK>>>>

Hacktivist Log On

Newsweek
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5783835/site/newsweek/

<<<<<WIRED.COM>>>>

  Hackers Take Aim at GOP

    By Noah Shachtman
    02:00 AM Aug. 17, 2004 PT

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,64602,00.html?tw=newsletter_topstories_html

    Online protests targeting GOP websites could turn out to be more than
 symbolic during this month's Republican National Convention, possibly
blocking
 critical communications tool for the party.

    In the past, activists have been able to shut down the website of,
say, the World Economic Forum for a few hours. But the impact of such
a takedown was nebulous at best: It's hard to argue the organization
really suffered from a
few-hour lag in posting its press releases online.

    In this year's presidential race, however, campaign websites have moved
 beyond the margins. During John Kerry's acceptance speech in Boston last
month,
for example, his website was visited by 50,000 people an hour, according
to comScore Networks, the online traffic-measuring firm. That's a droplet
compared to the millions who'll watch the convention on TV. But taking
down a campaign website would nevertheless remove a critical tool for
reaching the public -- and
likely generate a slew of stories in the mainstream media about the crash.

    So it's no surprise that hardened electronic activists are planning to
jam
up
    the servers of GeorgeWBush.com, GOP.com and related websites, once the
Republican National Convention gets underway
    Aug. 29.

    "We want to bombard (the Republican sites) with so much traffic that
nobody
  can
    get in," said CrimethInc, a member of the so-called Black Hat Hackers
Bloc. It's one of several groups planning to
    distribute software tools to reload Republican sites over and over again.
  These
    FloodNet programs are similar to hackers' distributed
denial-of-service attacks, which overwhelm a server with thousands
    and thousands of simultaneous requests for information.

    But some activists are condemning the planned attacks, saying they
violate
 the
    principles of free speech that protesters rely on for their
demonstrations.

    "If you feel that you must shut up someone through intimidation or
false accusations or any other method -- you are not relying on the
superiority of the truth," The Pull, co-founder of the online
political
    action group Hacktivismo, wrote in an e-mail. "People can not condemn
   censorship
    and then embrace it."

    The point of the electronic demonstrations isn't to take down a site,
  according
    to Ricardo Dominguez, co-founder of the Electronic Disturbance
Theater, or
  EDT,
    which is releasing a FloodNet program of
    its own. Unlike hackers' denial-of-service attacks, which often hijack
   computers
    against their users' will, EDT's JavaScript-based software depends on how
 many
    people use the program. "It's a way to let
    people around the world gather and let their presence be felt," Dominguez
  said.

    Not that he would mind if a Republican server just happened to crash
along
 the
    way. In 2002, at the EDT's direction, 43,000 people flooded the site
of the World Economic Forum during its meeting in
    New York. The organization's website went offline for several hours
following
    the demonstration.

    The Black Hat Hackers Bloc is hoping to cause a whole lot more trouble
when
  the
    Republicans start to gather in New York. The groups will be targeting not
 only
    GOP computers, but "e-mail, faxes and
    phones, too," CrimethInc said, as well as unspecified "financial
disruption."

    Officials from the Republican Party and from Computer Horizons, the
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, firm responsible for network services at
the GOP
  convention,
    did not respond to requests to comment
    for this article.

    It's unclear exactly how effective these online actions will be. In an
interview, CrimethInc boasted that his associates defaced the website
for
 Drug
    Abuse Resistance Education, or DARE, with a
    pro-pot-legalization screed, and promised similar strikes against
Republican sites. In the past, veteran online activists have called
these tactics the "kind of stupidity that gives hacking a bad name."

    The attacks during the Republican convention may be just the beginning,
   however.
    At the Hackers on Planet Earth gathering in New York City, one speaker
  promised
    attendees, "You will learn how to
    infiltrate organizations like the RNC, how to look for and find security
  holes,
    and how mischief and mayhem is achieved."

   <<<MORE>>>

   DISTRIBUTE WIDELY - DISTRIBUTE WIDELY - DISTRIBUTE WIDELY

    ECD - ALL HACKERS OUT TO DISRUPT THE RNC - BATTLE LOGISTICS ENCLOSED

    Contact: CrimethInc Black Hat Hacker's Bloc
    Campaign Website: http://phil.ist-backup.de/rncelectronic/
    Email: rainbowskies en graffiti.net

    Hackers are organizing for a massive electronic civil disobedience
campaign
   against the Republican party to coincide with the massive protests in
    New York City for the Republican National Convention.  This document
contains
   logistical information on how people can participate in this
    campaign.

    We won't stand idly by while the Republican Party exploits the democratic
 city
   of New York to further their agenda of
    endless war, attacks on our
    freedoms and and breaks for corporations. We demand an end to the
so-called
   "war on terrorism", which is nothing more
    than a pretext for empire
    and the erosion of our civil rights. As long as Amerikkka continues to
 further
   their war on the poor for the benefit
    of the rich, we will use all
    weapons at our disposal to disrupt the RNC - on the streets, and on
the net.

    All are encouraged to help out this campaign in any way they can. Deface
   websites, flood email servers, cause financial disruption, change
    electronic billboards. Turn the system over and put the people on top.
   Hacktivists of the world, unite!

    What will be happening?

    August 22nd - Day of online direct action a week before the convention
 begins.
   All are encouraged to attack as many right-wing, corporate, government or
  military sites as possible. Web defacements, email attacks, financial
disruption, anything and everything. These attacks will be used to stir
discussion of the RNC, encourage people to participate in the protestsin
NYC itself, and to build for the mainstream electronic sit-in on the
29th.

    August 29 - September 2nd - Mainstream electronic sit-in while the RNC
is in
   session. The actions will commence on
    noon of each day. The
    protests will utilize a wide diversity of tactics including email,
web, fax
  and
   phone disruption. The logistical
    details of this campaign are included in
    this document below.

    Who are we flooding?
    The email addresses, fax numbers, and phone numbers listed below are
various
   contacts of the Republican National
    Committee and the official
    George W. Bush re-election staff.

    Isn't this cyber terrorism?
    It is important to make a distinction between electronic civil
disobedience
  and
   terrorism. Civil disobedience is a
    fundamental part of the democratic
    process which our country was founded upon. Like Henry David Thoreau
and our
   revolutionary forefathers who shot up
    the pigs at Lexington and
    Concord, electronic civil disobedience is the logical continuation of
these
   theories applied towards the internet as
    a medium for disruption. ECD is a
    legitimate protest act.

    Terrorism tries to instill fear into people through violence and
destruction.
   Terrorism is not an act of liberation
    or unity but of division fear and
    conquer. A bitter act of desperation that solves no problems, makes no
   statement, and disempowers many. Electronic
    civil disobedience causes no
    harm to people or property. Instead of disempowering, ECD tries to bring
  people
   together to realize and exercise
    their power over oppressive
    governments and corporations using hacking as a means of fighting for
social
   justice.

    Who are we?
    There is no 'us'. This is a decentralized campaign - there are no
leaders or
   orders or hierarchy. Most of us don't
    know the other people working on
    this project. None of us know what sorts of attacks are being planned.
This
 is
   an autonomous call out, anyone who
    agrees with what we've said and
    wants to participate in this campaign is welcome to resist the RNC in any
way
   they can.

    This call out is issued by the CrimethInc Black Hat Hacker's Bloc. We are
not
   participating in any of the actions or
    any illegal activities ourselves. We
    recognize the political significance of the RNC and realize that one
way or
   another there is going to be some sort of
    cyber attack. We are simply
    serving as a press tool to communicate with the media about different
   electronic methods people are employing to
    protest the RNC.

    Contact Us:
    CrimethInc Black Hat Hacker's Bloc
    Campaign Website: http://phil.ist-backup.de/rncelectronic/
    Email: rainbowskies en graffiti.net

    DISCLAIMER:
    This is an autonomous call out for electronic direct action against
the RNC.
   This document contains a number of
    resources that can help people
    who choose to participate in such actions. If you decide to help out,
you do
  so
   on your own terms and accept
    responsibility for what might happen.
    However, there is safety in numbers and there are a number of people who
plan
   on a number of actions and there is a
    very low risk. So hack on!

    If you participate...
    Let us know what you're up to! We are communicating with the media on
this
   project and we want to post on our website
    what sorts of attacks are
    being made. Feel free to rip bits of text from our website, this
document,
or
   any other press release we have made
    and use it in your messages.
    Make sure to link to our page!

    Fellow citizens, PARTICIPATE!
    -----------------------------
    You do not need to be an experienced hacker to help this campaign: we've
made
   it easy for people to help out through
    a variety of different ways.
    The mainstream electronic sit-in is composed of several methods of
 disruption:
   flooding RNC websites, email
    addresses, fax and phone numbers.
    Listed below are the targets and explanations / tools you can use to help
 this
   campaign.

    WEB SITE FLOODING
    -----------------
    We are asking people to use all tools at their disposal to bombard the
given
   servers with so much traffic that it
    will become unable to serve any
    more web requests. People can participate in the actions by using the
given
   floodnet scripts on the campaign website
    or by launching your own
    distributed denial of service attacks.

    The Republican National Convention: http://www.2004nycgop.org/ The
Republican National Committee: http://www.rnc.org/
    George W. Bush official re-election site: http://www.georgewbush.com/

    You can help flood these servers by going to our website and running the
   FloodNet tools on our website. There is a
    web-based tool and several perl
    scripts that you can use to flood the targets. You can also download
and run
   several denial of service applications
    on your home machine and point
    them to the above servers.

    A list of good denial of service tools for the Mac is available at
   http://freaky.staticusers.net/dos.shtml (Freaky's
    Mac Archive) and http://
    undergroundmac.com/hacking.html#dos (Underground Mac)

    A list of good denial of service tools for Windows is available at
   http://www.elitehackers.com/f/old.htm#denial
    (Elitehackers.com)

    ... but denial of service attacks isn't hacking!

    DoS attacks are seen as somewhat lame in the hacking community because it
 does
   not require any actual skills to
    perform such attacks - any script
    kiddie can simply download a few tools and launch attacks against major
   servers. It can hardly be considered hacking.
    But it is a method of
    electronic disruption that can bring the enemy's servers to it's
knees. No
   reason to overlook tools at our disposal.

    E-MAIL BOMBING
    --------------
    E-mail bomb attacks are done by sending tens of thousands of emails to
the
   enemy's contact addresses. This can make
    it painful to send and
    receive emails while simultaneously consuming server resources, possibly
   slowing or shutting it down. There are
    numerous tools that one can use
    to perform such attacks.

    There are a number of Windows email bombers available for download at
   http://www.elitehackers.com/f/old.htm#mail
    (Elitehackers.com)

    A number of good email bombers for the mac are available at
   http://undergroundmac.com/hacking.html#e-mail
    (Underground Mac)

    Targets:
    webmaster en gop.com
    Info en gop.com
    RNCommunications en gop.com
    MemberRelations en gop.com
    Administration en gop.com
    Counsel en gop.com
    Chairman en gop.com
    Political en gop.com
    Finance en gop.com
    NOS en gop.com
    BushCheney04 en GeorgeWBush.com
    Blog en GeorgeWBush.com

    FAX BOMBING
    -----------
    Fax bombing is a method of electronic disruption that clogs the
enemy's fax
   communications and wastes their paper and
    toner resources. Tape
    together a few sheets of black construction paper and start faxing to the
   following targets. When the first page goes
    through, roll it back and tape it
    to the other end of your sheet to form an infinite loop of black
construction
   paper. Then sit back and watch the
    mayhem begin. Use any and all fax
    machines at your availability - the more the merrier!

    Targets:
    703.647.2993
    202.863.8820
    202-863-8774
    202-863-8609
    202-863-8773
    202-863-8654
    202-863-8808
    202-863-8851
    202-863-8851

    PHONE BOMBING
    -------------
    Phone bombing is another method of disrupting their communication
systems by
   preventing them from making / receiving
    calls. You can either call
    these numbers and tell them what you think about the Bush agenda, or
you can
   beige box into someone else's line and
    set up auto-dialing scripts
    to flood their lines.

    Targets:
    703.647.2700
    202.863.8500
    202-863-8700
    202-863-8545
    202-863-8560
    202-863-8614
    202-863-8638
    202-863-8743
    202-863-8720
    202-863-8600
    202-863-8670
    202-863-8888

    That's all for today, kids. Stay out of trouble, and don't get caught!

--
"there is no need for fear or hope, but just to look for new weapons"
Gilles Deleuze