[hm] [OT] en solidaridad con Libgen y Sci Hub

spideralex spideralex en autistici.org
Lun Nov 30 20:30:57 CET 2015

Hola hackmeeting

el comunicado que sigue va para la gente interesada en cultura libre,
biblios publicas digitales, repositorios, licencias, academia y una
larga lista de otros temas relacionados

https://sites.google.com/site/themetalibrary/library-genesis

no esta en castellano, se ha cocido muy rápido

compartan si es importante,
mientras tanto un abrazo grande

spider
In Solidarity with Library Genesis and Sci-hub
http://custodians.online

Elsevier, the largest scholarly publisher, whose 37% profit margin
stands in sharp contrast to the rising fees, expanding student loan debt
and poverty-level wages for adjunct faculty. Elsevier owns some of the
largest databases of academic material, which are licensed at prices
 so scandalously high that even Harvard, the richest university of the
global north, has complained that it cannot afford them any longer.
Robert Darnton, the past director of Harvard Library, says "We  faculty
do the research, write the papers, referee papers by other researchers,
serve on editorial boards, all of it for free … and then we  buy back
the results of our labour at outrageous prices.

Elsevier has recently filed a copyright infringement suit in New York
against Science Hub and Library Genesis claiming millions of dollars in
damages. This has come as a big blow, not just to the administrators of
the websites but also to thousands of researchers around the world for
whom these sites are the only viable source of academic materials.

http://custodians.online:
Share this letter - read it in public - leave it in the printer. Share
your writing - digitize a book - upload your files. Don't let our
knowledge be crushed. Care for the libraries - care for the metadata -
care for the backup. Water the ❀❀❀❀❀ - clean the volcanoes."

happy hacking!