[hm] Alternativa (descentralizada) a Youtube

psy epsylon en riseup.net
Jue Jun 21 23:41:00 CEST 2018

En el FAQ de PeerTube hay una cuestión interesante, que incluye cierto
dilema sobre D.tube:

https://joinpeertube.org/en/faq/#protocol

----------------

Why does PeerTube use the ActivityPub federation protocol? Why not IPFS
/ d.tube / Steemit?

PeerTube uses ActivityPub because this federation protocol is
recommended by the W3C and is already used by the federated social
network Mastodon.

IPFS is a great technology, but it still seems very (too!) young for
large scale streaming of large files.

After discussing it on our forum, we feel that d.tube is not free or
open source, because publishing only compiled code hinders freedom of
modification.

D.tube is based on Steem for "remuneration", it is a choice, but Steem
is widely criticized as highly centralized, and suspiciously resembles a
Ponzi system.

[..]

kakak: