[Presos] (ca) PRISSONER OF BARCELONA SUMMIT (en)

Uhuru maldoror at avant.pangea.org
Mon Apr 8 15:52:30 CEST 2002

CONCENTRACIONES EN LOS JUZGADOS CONTRA LAS DETENCIONES DE LA CUMBRE
DE BARCELONA
27 marzo
2 Abril
4 Abril (rueda de prensa)
5 Abril
9 Abril (posible fecha del juicio)
Todas a las 10 horas

Francisco Castoria ( de 20 años), de nacionalidad argentina y
detenido el día 15 de marzo, unos días antes de la manifestación
unitaria contra la cumbre-globalización, y en una zona próxima al
lugar en el que se iba a llevar a cabo una protesta contra la cumbre
de empresarios y ministros. Ahora tiene abierta una causa penal por
participación en manifestación ilegal, resistencia y otras causas más
por los objetos que le colocó la policía como si fueran de su
propiedad. La causa está abierta en el Juzgado de Instrucción nº 6 de
Barcelona (Tf.- 93 319 7397 -para llamadas internacionales marcar
antes el 0034).
   Su abogada Montserrat Salvador, ha reclamado que se anule el
juicio por los graves fallos del procedimiento. El juicio está
previsto para el día 9 de abril y le piden de 1 a 4 años de prisión.
DEAR FRIENDS
Buenos Aires, March 22nd, 2002

   We are pleased to inform you about the situation that our son
Francisco Castoria ( 20 years old)  is undergoing. He is detained at
the Centro de Internamiento de la Berneda, Migratory Police in
Barcelona, Spain; altogether with illegal immigrants from others
countries. His detention took place on Friday, the 15th march 2002.
He was at five blocks distance from the place where it was being held
an activity previous to the march against globalization
which was programmed for the following Saturday. That same day his
tourist permit expired. He was deprived of his liberty since that
day, a cause was opened against him for being without documents, not
having means of life and being suspected of running away from
justice.
   On the other hand, a penal cause was opened accusing him of taking
part in an illegal way at the manifestation, with arms or heavy
objects. Our son, Francisco, explained since the beginning that the
police put those objects and his defendant asked for a test in order
to prove it . Both causes, one for being a foreigner and the penal
one are placed before Tribunal No. 6 de Instrucción de Barcelona,
telephone number 0034 (933197397).
   Montserrat Salvador is the woman-lawyer who has presented several
appeals to prove that the whole procedure is invalidated by serious
defects, due to that she asked for the annulation of the trial. We
want to point out that this situation means discrimination against
foreigners, he couldn go to renew the documents while he was detained
since his permit expired that day. It is completely abusive to keep
him in prison for not having his documents in order. Our son will be
judged on April 9 and he could be condemned to prison, from 1 to 4
years. We suspect
that Francisco is   used as part of a campaign in order to punish and
dissuade those who claim against globalization. We must stop this
injustice. We ask for the diffusion of this mail. The situation of
our son to be known by people of different areas of culture,
politics, press and academics in order to intercede before Spanish
authorities. Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,
Ana María Fernandez
D.N.I: 4.791.674