[HM] Fwd: Re: [Squares] Press Release: The Occupy Wall Street (Inter) National Gathering: decolonize the 99%

Dario Lovaglio dario.lovaglio en gmail.com
Lun Jul 15 14:38:33 CEST 2013

FYI
---------- Mensaje reenviado ----------
De: "Orsan Senalp" <orsan1234 en gmail.com>
Fecha: 15/07/2013 14:35
Asunto: Re: [Squares] Press Release: The Occupy Wall Street (Inter)
National Gathering: decolonize the 99%
Para: "squares" <squares en lists.takethesquare.net>
Cc: <transcollab en lists.so36.net>, <hubmeeting en inventati.org>

Could you Marcus, or anyone has the text, send the time and plase of
tomorrows' mumble meeting? for Agora 99 (or Hub Meeting)
so we could spread and invite more people?
solidarity

On 12 July 2013 20:00,  <hangup en riseup.net> wrote:
> would be good to link up agora and hubmeeting with thise one.
>
> i guess i will go to Occupy National Gathering let me know if i can do
> anything.
>
> greetings,
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "Occupy National Gathering WG News" <ngwgnews en interoccupy.net>
>> Subject: Press Release: The Occupy Wall Street (Inter) National
Gathering:
> decolonize the 99%
>> Date: July 12, 2013 8:15:44 AM EDT
>> To: Ina Bransome <inazbeing en gmail.com>
>>
>> VIA INTEROCCUPY.NET        VIEW ONLINE
>> MEDIA ALERT
>> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>> July 12, 2013
>> PRESS RELEASE FOR THE Occupy Wall Street (Inter) National Gathering:
> decolonize
> the 99%
>>
>> AUGUST 21-25
>> KALAMAZOO MICHIGAN
>>

>> Who/What
>>
>> Occupy Wall Street (Inter) National Gathering: decolonize the 99%
>>

>> Attendance encouraged by all Occupiers and interested parties. From
> August 21 to
> 25, 2013, Occupy Kalamazoo will be hosting the second annual Occupy
National
> Gathering, building on last summer’s historic Occupy National Gathering in
> Philadelphia, PA. This first gathering culminated in a visioning session
> based on
> the question “what does a democratic future look like to you?” on July 4,
> 2012.
> This year, there is a focus on bringing together the Occupy movement with
> people
> of color, indigenous peoples, and those too often marginalized, even
> within the
> movement.  Even our name is controversial—Occupying Wall Street is one
> tactic,
> but we recognize that America was occupied by colonizers and the struggle
for
> liberation from colonization continues.  We believe that it is time to
> figure out
> how to work together against “the 1%”—those unreconstructed corporatists
who
> refuse to acknowledge the harm that has been done to the Earth and her
> residents,
> and that is ongoing. To that end, we came to consensus on a new name for
our
> event:  the Occupy Wall Street (Inter) National Gathering: Decolonize the
> 99%.
> This name recognizes our roots with Occupy Wall Street as well as
> acknowledges the
> injustice the United States' forbears brought to this continent and our
> solidarity
> with decolonization.
>>
>> The National Gathering Working Group 2013 (NGWG2013); a coalition of
Occupy

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/occupy-detroit
>> Occupy Kalamazoo: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/occupykalamazoo
>>
>> Join One of Our Weekly Planning Conference Calls:
>> Every Wednesday at 8pm EDT until the Occupy(Inter)NatGat2013
>>
>> Every Monday at NOON EDT until further notice.  One registration gives
> you a
> personal identification number (PIN) for both calls.
>>
>> Help Plan Events and Activities, Offer to Speak, Teach, Run a Workshop.
> Join the
> Team to help with one of the many aspects of Support.
>>
>> Participants/Endorsements So Far:
>> Alliance for Global Justice | The A9 Network | Battle Creek Oil Spill |
> Bill Moyer
> and the Back Bone Campaign | Code Black | Dept. of Peace | Earth First |
> Food and
> Water Watch | Global Revolution Media | Idle No More Michigan | Kalamazoo
> City of
> Compassion | Kalamazoo Non-Violent Opponents of War (KNOW) | Louisiana
Shrimp
> Alliance | March against Drones | The Media Consortium | Michigan Ban
> Fracking |
> Michigan Home Defense | Michigan Tar Sands | Move To Amend Coalition/David
> Cobb |
> Mutual Aid Dcats | National Homeless Coalition | National Law Center on
> Homelessness and Poverty (NLCHP) | New York Against Fracking | Air Occupy
> | Occupy
> Bergen County | Occupy Boston | Occupy Buffalo | Occupy Ohio Cozhocton |
> Occupy
> Chicago I Occupy Detroit | Occupy Enbridge | Occupy the Environment I
Occupy
> Frederick I Occupy Global Media (GOM) | Occupy Grand Rapids MI | Occupy
> Hilo |
> Occupy Homes | InterOccupy | Occupy Love | Occupy Petaluma | Occupy
> Raleigh NC |
> Occupy the Roads | Occupy Royal Oak | Occupy Sandy NJ | Occupy Sandy NYC |
> Occupy
> Staten Island | Strike Debt  | Occupy Traverse City | Occupy Tucson |
Occupy
> Vision I Women Occupy | #OpOK | Dr. Ricki Ott | People United for
Sustainable
> Housing (P.U.S.H Kalamazoo) | The Poor Peoples Campaign | Public Citizen
> Global
> Trade Watch: Stop the TransPacific Partnership | Road to USSF 3 | Shut
Down
> Palisades | Unfuck The World, Featuring the Summer Support/Love Takeover
> Tour |
> United States Social Forum | Via 22 | Wesleyan Peace Center
>>

>> More Info:
>>

>> Websites:
>> http://occupynationalgathering.net/
>> http://interoccupy.net/natgat2/
>>
>> Social:
>> Occupy National Gathering on Facebook
>> National Gathering 2013 in Kalamazoo Facebook Planning Group
>> @Ng2Kzoo
>> @NATGAT2013
>> RebelMouse
>>

>> #NatGat2 #natgat2 #NatGat2013 #natgat2013#Ng2Kzoo #OccupyKalamazoo
>>

>> Email:
>> Join the email lists for discussion and planning!
>>
>> Contact:
>> Chris Whamoff, OccupyNatGat2, Occupy Kalamazoo
>> Email: Natgat2013 en gmail.com
>> Phone: 269-910-6495
>>

>> Donate
>>

>> You received this email because you signed up to receive information from
> InterOccupy or one of its partners. Learn more and connect by visiting our
> web
> site www.interoccupy.net and please join/like the Interoccupy Facebook
Page.

Squares-owner en lists.takethesquare.net
Squares-owner en lists.takethesquare.net