[HM] BCN 2013 Common Statement

Dario Lovaglio dario.lovaglio en gmail.com
Dom Sep 15 18:02:45 CEST 2013

BCN 2013 Common Statement

During the Hub Meeting we shared the need to build a struggle process
( #SocialStrike ) able to synchronize the different territories from the
local to the global level. We consider #15O just as the launch date of this
process aiming to connect and empower different people to strike against
financial capitalism and austerity.

To achieve this, we have not only to design#SocialStrike actions, but to
explain whom and what these actions aim to target. Furthermore why it is
worth to take the risk of making a step further and go beyond classical
demonstrations and labor strikes towards a form of struggle that is
inclusive and effectively harming the capitalist economic system. A social
struggle that changes the balances and the relationships imposed on the
contemporary productive system, introducing a new form of wealth
distribution and the claim for a universal basic income.

People and groups attending the Hub Meeting have agreed on a common
strategy, starting a week before the 15th of October and individuating this
date as a general test to present the #SocialStrike process and spread
information about it. We have also developed a strike practices catalogue
that can be used to simultaneously implement actions on different spaces,
according with the singularity of each location and its resources.The
strength of the actions is not going to be based on their size, but on how
distributed and coordinated they will be. Therefore, their force will rely
on our capacity of coordinating and synchronize them.

We see the #19O global demonstration against financial capitalism and
austerity as an important further step to enforce our independent
coordination network towards further actions.

With love,

Hub Meeting 2013