[Hacklabs] Fwd: very posible bye

hellekin hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Tue Nov 12 14:14:30 CET 2013

On 11/12/2013 09:10 AM, flawer wrote:

> my suggestion is to redirect hacklabs.org to hackerspaces.org (we should
> first care about not making a server suffer with a very old software
> that nobody wants to update than about others blablawow things).

*** As long as I remember, the discussion was split between the
Northern-style hackerspace, and the Southern-style hacklab, although
geographically, hacklabs also exist in the Netherlands (Hi, LAG!), all
over Germany, and even in the U.S. (Hi NoiseBridge!). That specificity
is the political commitment to change society, with a black left leaning.

So instead of redirecting to the hackerspaces.org homepage, I would
rather redirect to the HackLab category, and produce the effort there.
Note: the HackLab category does not exist yet, and can be controversial
as well.  Choosing between a Hackerspace or a Hacklab template could be
done with a radio button: Politics? ( ) Hmmm, no. (*) Fuck Yeah!

In the upcoming system upgrade of LibrePlanet.org, the hs: interwiki
prefix will be incorporated, so that it's easier to mention hackerspaces
in LP (the lp: prefix has already been running for some time on
hackerspaces.org).

Cheers,

==
hk