[hackmeeting] RE: [VKS HackLab] Re: [wh2001] un nuevo hacklab en gestacion...

Gregorio Robles grex en scouts-es.org
Mie Nov 6 12:54:03 CET 2002

El mié, 06-11-2002 a las 11:26, Max escribió:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new to this list (and in Spain also, so you'll have to excuse me for
> using English. I don’t write in Spanish yet but I can read it).
>
> Three questions:
>
> 1. What's a HackLab? (Is it a lug meeting point?)

	not really. There's already one in Madrid and in their FAQ (in Spanish)
you'll get more info about what a hacklab is:
	http://sindominio.net/cgi-bin/wh2001/wiki.pl?Faqs

	Our LUG meeting point is usually the Bar Victoria at the C/ Mantuano
(metro Prosperidad). Almost every second thursday we meet there to have
tapas, beer and talk about free software. You can have more info
visiting:

	http://linux-madrid.hispalinux.es/

> 2. I too have an account in hotmail (and I don't pay anything for it -
> it's free as you all know). If you explain to me why I should not have
> it in a logical way I will stop using it.

	Hotmail uses the Passport Service (www.passport.com). Passport is one
of the core parts of the Microsoft .NET strategy, has shown to have
several flaws for your privacy of your data as well as other security
issues. The MS .NET strategy is also not sufficiently transparent to me
so that I would support it.

	OTOH, you'll notice we support companies that are Libre
Software-friendly, and the one that holds Hotmail isn't. It's just like
not bying in Amazon because they've got software patents.

	Anyway, you're free to use the mail service you like. I don't mind, I
don't think anybody else in this list will make a big problem out of it.

> 4. I'm not an "infiltrado" either (who are they? What's there purpose?).

	they were just kidding. The linux-madrid list is open to everybody
(even ppl from Microsoft and other proprietary companies). Our archives
are published in the web so that anybody who has Inet access can have a
look at them.

	https://listas.hispalinux.es/pipermail/linux-madrid/

	i hope to have answered your questions... looking forward to see you in
our next meeting. Keep tuned to this list to see when it's held.

	hasta luego, Gregorio