[hackmeeting] old and new hacker ethics

hackmeeting en layer-acht.org hackmeeting en layer-acht.org
Vie Nov 26 11:16:36 CET 2004

Hi,

as promised some almost three weeks ago, here are the links to the
hackerethics as developed at/by the ccc:

Short summary:

What are the ethical principles of hacking - motivation and limits

- Access to computers - and anything which might teach you something about the
way the world really works - should be unlimited and total. Always yield to
the Hands-On Imperative!
- All information should be free.
- Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.
- Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not bogus criteria such as
degrees, age, race, or position.
- You can create art and beauty on a computer.
- Computers can change your life for the better.
- Don't litter other people's data.
- Make public data available, protect private data.

Taken from http://www.ccc.de/hackerethics?language=en
You should also read http://www.fiu.edu/~mizrachs/hackethic.html

If you develope this further please send an update to the ccc!

I really liked the hackmeeting in Sevilla as the atmospehre was really good!

And I also think that moving the hackmeeting from town to town, thus
changing the organizing team each time, will turnout to be - in the long rong
run - a very good thing, as the knowledge spreads more. Just be sure to learn
from your successes and failures ;-) -> e.g. with a hackmeeting-howto...

thanks to whom it may concern ;-)
all the best luck to all of you,
cu Holger