[hm] [café] Quién quiere caos? invito yo :)

elcalamartevigila elcalamartevigila en gmail.com
Mie Ene 20 01:02:52 CET 2010

On 16:32, Mon 18 Jan 10, d1d4c wrote:
> Yo considero a la asamblea como una especie de aplicación
> informática ejecutada por ciborgs (por decirlo así). En ese sentido,
> tiene un input y un output.

Networks of interacting neurons are responsible for the cognitive
information processing in the brain. They must remain functional also in
the presence of noise and need to be stable as stochastic systems. In
this case the introduction of a noise term to the evolution equation
should not change the dynamics qualitatively. This postulate should be
valid for the vast majorities of biological networks [...]

Stochastic Escape and Stochastic Resonance: A particle trapped in a
local minimum may escape this minimum by a noise-induced diffusion process;
a phenomenon called “stochastic escape”. Stochastic escape in a driven
bistable system leads to an even more subtle consequence of noise-induced
dynamics, the “stochastic resonance”. [...] Stochastic escape occurs in
many real-world systems. Noise allows the system to escape from a local
minimum where it would otherwise remain stuck for eternity.
As an example, we mention stochastic escape from a local fitness maximum
(in evolution fitness is to be maximized) by random mutations that play
the role of noise.

Complex and Adaptive Dynamical Systems, A Primer.
Claudius Gros.
--
y recuerde, lo hacemos por su seguridad!