[Presos] Death in Fies regime

Crocenera A croceneraanarchica at inventati.org
Fri Aug 15 21:58:32 CEST 2003

On the 19th of July the comrade Paco Ortiz died inside the jail of Badajoz,
in F.I.E.S. regime. He was suicided by the jail, he found the death and the
freedom using a mortal dose of pills. All our love for this dear comrade, who
is not a weak one, but who fought during all his life against what kills him
now; all our hate for the system that forced him inside those four walls, for
the state and the repression.
An indeterminate air time’s strike started inside the jail Badajoz for the
murder of Paco Ortiz.
The comrades of the same module of Paco started the strike since his death.
They urgently need an economic support to continue the strike. It’s very
important to spread this news inside the various jails, so other prisoners
can join the protest.
You can ask infos or send your moral and economic support to:
Miguel Tigeras Rincon
C.P de Badajoz mod. 7
Ctra de Olivenza km 7. 300 Badajoz

Death to the state!
Paco lives in our struggle!

CNA-Italia

Here is a letter written by the Italian comrade Claudio Lavazza detained
under Fies regime in Spain, in which he talk about his friendship with Paco:

<<Our dear comrade Francisco Ortiz Jimenez (Paco) died on the last Saturday
19th of July inside the jail Badajoz, Fies module. He has searched freedom
through the suicide with a mortal dose of pills, an hard way to escape
definitely from the reality of the jail and the isolation that he couldn’t
bear anymore.

I met Paco here in the Fies module of Huelva more than two years ago and I
appreciated him a lot, all  the people who met him loved him a lot. He said
me that he “loved the life, the real life in liberty, but not this we had in
an isolation section. This was not a life good to be lived”. Since he entered
in jail the last time, three years ago, he tried to die three times. The last
attempt in Jaen II, cutting his veins on the 22nd of March ’03, but he didn’t
die, the life still too strong in his heart refused the death another time. I
remember that in one of his letter he wrote me: “It’s incredible, it seems
I’m immortal”.

At Huelva, when he was here with us he tried two times, they brought him at
the hospital and he returned after few days as nothing had happened, a little
bit disoriented yes, but calm with his determination. “The life is a good
that everyone of us has, and we have the indisputable right to do what we
think is the best for it”, he said to me.

Paco spent almost all his life in prison: 20 years, fighting against the
injustices of the penitentiary system, fighting for life and liberty, these
of his and the others; and now, after many years, he didn’t have the strength
to restart. The last time he wrote us about himself, he talked about his
situation from the moment of his leaving from here for a transfer to Jaen II.
A transfer previously announced by a notification of the prison direction in
which it said that the displacement happened in order to facilitate his
recovery: as it is possible to help someone shutting him/her up in Jaen II (I
was sent there and I know well how hard it is). They transformed his transfer
in a sort of sanction, and moreover he had just gotten out of the hospital.
It was an untruth without reservedness sustaining that putting our comrade
there “could facilitate his adaptation”, there they destroy prisoners, they
try to annihilate them, taking off the little joy they still have.

You can imagine how Paco was badly inside the malodorous module Fies of Jaen
II, in solitary confinement, in the dark, alone and in silence: the place
more similar to a grave. It’s not a case if he tried to kill himself in that
place too.

In spite of his situation and his mind he joined, together with the other
prisoners who came after, a struggle for stopping the project of converting
the Fies of Jaen II in a section of double uses, that is the Fies prisoners
of first and second grade, as in the jail of Picassent (Valencia).

The protests of every kind were useful and the direction didn’t obtain what
it wanted, and Paco was transferred to the Fies of Badajoz, a module of
second grade where he finds the death.

And now they have not to say bullshit, because we know well that every death
in jail is a crime of the state, and they are responsible of the conditions
that cause these deaths>>.

Claudio Lavazza
Cp Huelva, Modulo 16 FIES
Carretera la Ribera s/n